- Posted Date :15 May 2017
- Function/Business Area :IT & Systems
- Location :Navi Mumbai
“Your Leadership. Energising Reliance. India’s Future”
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani four decades ago, is India’s largest private sector company. RIL’s activities span hydrocarbon exploration and production, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail and 4G digital services.
A significant global player in the integrated energy value chain, RIL recorded a consolidated turnover of INR 296,091 crore ($44.7 billion), a cash profit of INR 40,737 crore ($6.1 billion) and net profit of INR 27,630 crore ($4.2 billion) in FY 2015-16.
In 2004, RIL became the first private sector company from India to make it to the Fortune Global 500 list of ‘World’s Largest Corporations’. It currently ranks 215th in terms of revenues, and 126 th in terms of profits. In FT Global 500 list (2015), the company ranks 238 th , and in FT Emerging 500 it ranks 31 st . RIL ranks 121 st on the Forbes Global 2000 list (2016), continuing to be the top-ranked Indian company.
RIL took its policy of backward vertical integration to an altogether different plane when it diversified from textile and petrochemicals into petroleum refining, and forayed into oil & gas exploration and production.
RIL is the second largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top-10 petrochemical producers.
IT is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of technology solutions, information and data related services to Reliance#s businesses and functions. We are also accountable for driving innovation and best practices through the effective use of systems and technology while ensuring the security and integrity of our data assets. The effective use of technology underpins Reliance’s ability to acquire and maintain our competitive advantage.
An IT incumbent is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of business technology, information and related services to Reliance#s businesses
He/she will be expected to be a part of IT function#s transformational journey in moving towards a function that systematically enables business objectives, and drives the identification and adoption of game-changing, value-adding technologies.
Network Engineer provides first-line Network Surveillance and Event Management support of the RIL MPLS Network. NOC Service Teams are responsible for high-level network operations support of the RIL Core Network and multiple Internal Customer Networks, delivered in accordance with standard RIL Event Management procedures.
- Configurationand technical support for Cisco Routing and Switching
- Work inShift 24 x 7
- Support theoperation of advanced IP network services
- Receivecalls from internal customers to open trouble tickets
- Performother duties as assigned
- Networkmonitoring and troubleshooting
- Possessexcellent verbal communication skills
- Create andupdate documentation to ensure effective communication with other employees.
- Opening/closingTrouble Tickets & Action items
- Understandand follow Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Managementprocedures
- Be the customer’s main point of contact for support requests, and provide the Following
- Understand operational situations, configurations and problems related or described electronically and telephonically. And subsequently, have the ability to effectively work through scenarios and offer suggestions and/or relay technical information either electronically or telephonically while maintaining a professional attitude.
Skills Required (Knowledge and Skills)
- Routing Protocols Experience
- WAN Circuits And Transport
- CISCO Routers Equipment
- Strong Attention To Details
- Knowledge Of Networking And IP Protocols
- Strong Interpersonal / Relationship Skills
- Team Building Skills
- Strong Communication And Presentation Skills
- Exceptional Multitasking Skills
Key Attributes (Experience And Qualifications) – BE / Diploma in Electronicsand Communication/Computer Science or BSc/MSc IT2-3 Years of relevant experience
Education Requirement – B.E/ B.Tech (Any discipline)
Experience Requirement – 1-6 years experience
Skills & Competencies
He/she should have the ability to understand user requirements and deliver quality services based on those requirements
He/she should be able to solve problems with solutions based on diverse procedures and precedents or the lack of itHe/she should be able to work in a team environment and should be able to communicate effectively.
Reliance has six Values and associated Behaviours which are the essential and enduring tenets underpinning all decisions and way of life at Reliance and every employee is expected to abide by them. We are also committed to adhering to our candidate charter to deliver the best candidate experience.